This kit contains:
1 ring 120 cm Petzl dynema thin
1 carabiner Camp with screw lock
1 ascender Kong Duck
1 deflecting pulley with rope 6 mm (machard knot)
Total weight: 239 g
The force is multiplied by a factor x2.4
Works with ropes diameter 8-9 mm.
For progression on glacier it is recommended:
- to connect the rope at the waist (low point) of the harness with a carabiner (with screw) to react quickly
- to have 2 m of rope left at each end (after the last knot)
- to learn how to build a strong anchor (ski, bag, ice axe ...)
- to reduce the friction on the lip of the crevasse (ice axe, snow shovel ...)
- to read the instructions for each device and to be trained
Warning: This deflecting pulley is not UIAA approved to be used as a MAIN (HEAD) pulley, it should be used but only as a DEFLECTING pulley.